Sunday, September 20, 2015

Life offers many choices.




Life offers us so many choices.

 Many of them are good and even great. Yet there are some that have darkness and pain that follow them. We are given agency and what we do with it is entirely up to us. Some of those good and great choices may very well include being a good citizen, marring someone with great ideals, and raising kids that know and understand respect for themselves and others. We often make our choices based on our fears and not on what is the best choice. There is a place for fear in our lives, but only a small one. Many times in my life I found myself making those choices from fear. Not too many years ago, I was able to understand my own core issues to the point of changing fear to faith.  Some of those fear issues for me are large crowds of people, being front and center in a crowd, public speaking, rejection, and the common one for most others too, being judged by others. Needless to say because of these issues I chose to make some not so good choices. Finding that I could become hooked by some of the ways of the great Dragon himself. Now that I understand those fears and issues, I’m able to make better choices for me and my family. Thankfully, I had a friend that helped me along a path of recovery, working with me on those steps and realizing my need for change. I still fight daily with the doubts that come because of the Dragon bargaining for his next chance to take me down. Yes, and I still do not like large crowds of people and speaking in public forums, but the vises of the Dragon are behind me. I have come to understand the love of God and Christ in my life and know they love me, in spite of my many flaws and weaknesses.



I’m in awe of the marvelous power by God to help us in this life and Ammon tells it great in Alma 26:11-12. All we can do is take life “One day at a time” and live it to the fullest. I have faith that I can do things even though now and then I do doubt myself and experience some fear of the unknown.




No comments:

Post a Comment