Thursday, September 17, 2015

CHOCOLATE!






CHOCOLATE!

Yeppers at some point I had to write about the basic element of living at my house, chocolate. As far back as I can recall I liked the tasty brown gold. My mother, grandmother and so on back in time had a taste bud or two that fancied the stuff. So it’s in my blood and many of my kids. One of my kids claims to not care for it much but we think it is a gilt centered thing. A few years ago on a Mother’s Day he was given some chocolate to give to his mom. Well the poem she received said this “Roses are red, violets are blue. I ate your chocolate, saving none for you”. The bag had the remains of the foil from the sweet stuff but not a trace of the good stuff. Not to worry the kid has not passed it on to the next generation at this point. The other kids of mine do not have a problem indulging in the fine eats. I kind of fancy the dark variety of chocolate. One of my daughters likes her chocolate dark so we must have some of the same DNA taste buds the same. The present collection of grand kids have the good influence to enjoy the tasty good stuff from both of the grandparents and some great grandparents. Contrary to the thinking of many some chocolate is not the same and not all high priced chocolate is smooth and tasty. But don’t worry if someone tells you that you shouldn’t enjoy it just enlighten them as to the many health benefits of the good stuff. Balancing blood pressure, balancing moods, balancing low magnesium levels, Added levels of Vitamin D-3, just to list a few. Be sides my Doctor friend told me I need more magnesium, because I was lacking it a lot. So rather than going against doctor’s orders I enjoy me a few ounces of the gold every day. In the words of my mother “doctor mom” “my body wants it”. So go ahead enjoy some whether it’s M&M’s, Special Dark Hersey’s, or some Raisinets, “Just do it!”





No comments:

Post a Comment