Monday, November 16, 2015

Patience and a Sense of Humor




Patience and a sense of humor


When you sit back and look at people in the world and the crazy things they do and say, it hits ya that God for sure has some serious patience and a sense of humor. I mean I'm a bone head and do some things and have done things that would for sure be classed as pure stupidity at the least. So you may see where one could look at some one doing something and say Yeppers there's another one. Take for example some crazy young feller's riding a bicycle created from broken parts from the trash dump and jumping off a ramp build with scrap lumber taller than most of them and hoping for favorable results. While this crazy is happening the big man upstairs is sending a few extra guardians too ensure there is nothing serious but maybe so bumps, bruises, and a little road rash. He probably shakes his head and wondering how much until they get it but knowing some peeps are just real hard headed. But young and hard headed is great if it doesn't stay in to the later years of life.



 I use the example on a neighbor I had in the past that I'm sure is a member of the 1000 chances club. I don't think in any way God would give up on any one but some peeps I think if he wanted to would be one of the first in line for the spank'n machine. When you get hit by something and ya go back for more and God doesn't call you out on it with that whooping he could dish out then you can bet he is very patient. When you continue to use substances with liver damage and cancer while telling everyone you can't quit. I would be thinking Yeppers God is patient with him but I think God is holding out on him letting him live because maybe the All Powerful One is not ready to deal with him yet. I remember one day I hear a cement mixing unit clanking along next door. I just happen to be in the tool shed close enough to see and hear well. The neighbor was drinking down a few and leaning on a shovel. I hear him yelling at the mixer using a long string of verbal expressions and referencing the heaven and everything else on the earth too. I hear the mixer jam and drive belt squeal. He beats at it with the shovel yelling more color. It doesn’t move and he shoves the digger in the mixers mouth. Instantly the mixer moves with the shovel caught at this point and spinning it wildly. He makes an attempt at retrieval of the tool missing and have’n it boldly clock him aside the head. He sprawls out on the ground face sputtering in the dirt.



 You honestly couldn’t tell that God was thinking the humor in quieting the old heathen. Honestly he has to have a sense of humor or some peeps would be struck down. He has to be patient for sure. It makes me wonder if he sits up there with a large drink, popcorn, and candy and get a laugh watching the show many of the world put on as they show how much they just don’t get. I hope I have been able to taper some of my stupidity to a smaller amount of a show. I fall down a few stairs now and then and bite my tongue from saying any thing bad. But now I too get to see the show with my kids and grand kids. Hopefully they all shorten their show having a lot to learn from the generations of the past.



 This reminds me of the out of the blue head smack by Gibbs on the show NCIS. Many a person has gotten the smack but mostly Tony. A bit of a shock at first for most of the people it happens too but mostly it happens when someone does or says a bone head thing. It’s kind of like that with us I think too.




No comments:

Post a Comment