Sunday, June 18, 2017

Twenty-nine priceless years!

Twenty-nine priceless years!



Three decades ago, I saw this dark-haired and dark-eyed beauty in a large hallway in little old Manti, Utah. Wow has life changed with a six pack of kids and a small band of grand kids. We have now lived in about a dozen places together. We have flown scared, climbed hills, an extended boat trip, dropped into canyons and crags, and fallen ever deeper in love with each other. We have learned a lot about each other over the years but more about ourselves and why we do what we do. Yes, I’m hard to deal with. I’m kind of like a deck of cards with no Aces and a lot of One Eyed jacks. She has put up with me just the same. She’s no quitter and has pushed the limits of life a lot. She pushes me to be better than I see myself. We have been back to the great hall many times since that day and we were married in that fine structure in June of nineteen eighty-eight. One of the girls she worked with a few years ago was helping her try to make a negative type picture of that building for an artistic project. The girl thought for sure it had to be a castle in Europe. When the girl heard we had been married there, she was in shock and thought it must have cost a fortune. I add it was the most priceless place to be married in the world, but there are many of those priceless places in the world that are amazing also.



Many things have changed for me over the years, from less fly-off-the-handle to I say less of what just pops in my head. I have learned that filtering lots of things can end many a bad situation. I have learned to talk to others instead of closing off and bottling things up. I have a soft spot for the underdog and the down trodden. I love adventure as shown by the crazy pack of six kids we have and all the places we have visited. Been many places a cell phone is useless yet unwanted also. The best places I have been are always with my number one Cheerleader (yeppers I found a cheerleader). Yes, I have had her fuming mad at me and love me profusely all in the same day.





She’s like a fine box of chocolates with gold leaf on the box. She is always full of surprises. Every now and then she still manages to scare the critters loose in me. She can best me in so many ways but we have fun just the same. I think she is getting more at ease with the chapter of life we are in now. She likes little hugs and kisses from those little ones that call her Nana. She claims that I didn’t remember that we danced with each other one night not long after we had met first the first time but I was a bit stunned from a lot happening. Then I moved in a few doors down from her and she claims I kind of stalked her some, but I was hooked so what can I say. Secretly at the time, she says now, she was intrigued some.



Some of the super road trips have included stops for some very tasty food in some of the most unique places. You might be surprised the cool places out there that we have visited once or twice. Still many to add to the list of places still to find and dine at.




Lots of adventures in the twenty-nine years we have been married and the plus part of that before we said “I do”. I’m not say’n we are perfect but we are perfect together. We still have a large bucket list of things to do together and yes, I have to get some of the promises in for her before I even think about push’n some daisies up. So, here’s to another basket of fun years of adventure. I’m sure we will think of more to add to the bucket list and maybe we will do a few fun things that we have done many times before again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment