Saturday, June 24, 2017

Forgiveness and Time.




This is a post from a Facebook page in the Cedar City area. I have copied and pasted it with the originators permission. RE: Fire burning in Iron and Garfield counties of Utah. The following post is by a resident of Brian Head, Utah.




Kim Mayne:

I have been out of my home now as an evacuee for a week tomorrow. These are my thoughts, My heart breaks for those who've lost homes, for those who won't enjoy family time in the precious mountains this year, for the firefighters who give there all and the families who go without during that time to support them, for the children who just want to go home and the adults too but mostly my heart breaks for a world with no forgiveness. Yes, there should be consequences, some natural as this person has to live with this, and perhaps monetarily and maybe even lawfully but let me remind everyone that he who is without sin, cast the 1st stone. In no circumstance, is it right for us to be the judge, that is up to the proper authorities and ultimately to our maker. I have never met the person responsible, I do believe that things could have been done by the proper agencies that would have decreased the odds of this disaster and my family is suffering but hate and judgement will not bring back our homes, our forest, our playground. It will not bring peace, but do you know what does? Forgiveness and Time. The land will heal, homes may be rebuilt, and new memories made, it is my prayer that we ALL find this healing.




My Thoughts:
In times of adversity we can become better or bitter. Hopefully we become better people and can put our best foot forward and be kind, understanding, and forgiving. I am saddened by the situation because of the places that will be so ever change that hold memories of myself and many but knowing that we can move forward with hope for better and that we are alive and pray for those effected as well as those that fight the flames and smoke to save what they can. I may add that many walk through more than one crisis in life and yet they have a good outlook of what can be out there for them and others. Often when disasters strike it draws people together in helping others. Forgiveness is not easy and yet it is a part of what makes us better. Be grateful, forgiving, and share good whenever possible because the world needs better not bitter. Choices always have consequences whether they be good or not so good. Yes, there will be a time when justice must be paid but hopefully there will be mercy present to balance justice. Many there are that say “blame this” and “blame that” but there are so many factors that we can best let it go. I am reminded of a situation a few years back with a similar situation. A good person was also engaged in clearing land and the control of the situation was lost. They as with many others could never imagine the extent of the reach of the consequences until later. Bad things happen to good people. My family has at times been displaced for various reasons and it is trying and heart breaking. I thank those that in times of crisis reach out to others with shelter and help.



 Pray for others that they too can find peace in the storm and that the storm may find a calming. Pray for those with broken hearts and lives to heal. Pray for understanding. Pray for those that walk in the fires of life to keep us safe. I have in days past also walked among the smoke and flames and I hope and pray for the souls that work to tame that Beast. I have read of many that have given to others in bad situations, thank you! It shows us all humanity is there. Having life coached people for many years and worked with them to make changes in their life for the better when they have made not so good of choices I leave these thoughts. “God grant me the serenity to except the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.” “Joy isn’t found in riches and gold but knowing you have lifted another”- Unknown





*Thanks Kim Mayne for in spite of adversity looking for the silver lining!



1 comment: