Sunday, March 26, 2017

What a question!




Some sobering thoughts this morning as I read an article about kid (26 is a kid to me) that left this life from the chains of addictive destruction. It always hits home for me considering the path of addictive chains that held me once. Not too long ago I had the opportunity to speak to a group of teens at a fireside (Church meeting) about life and the choices that we have. I have had many of these opportunities over the years but this time a during a question asking moment a great question was asked. “What is it that keeps you from going back to those destructive things in your life?” How would anyone else answer this question? Because it brings up a hundred more why questions.  



So here it goes. *I didn’t like me. I didn’t like who I was and why I was and I don’t want to live that way anymore. *I didn’t feel free. I didn’t feel free to make good choices and to be able to think freely about those choices. *I though God hated me. I have come to know and feel good about the relationship I have with my Higher Power/God and I now know that he loves me. *I love my life. I love my life and know many persons in the world that also love me. *I did see a purpose in life. I did feel that me being around changed anything for any one. Now I know that even if I change the world for only one person it has meaning and that meaning changes things for me also.



I fully enjoy the opportunity to talk to people that may be in doubt, questioning their purpose in life and hurting in their life. “I’m not interested whether you’ve stood with the great. I’m interested whether you’ve sat with the broken.” Many of the great persons we know in history like Gandhi, Mandela, Christ, and others showed their greatness the most when they sat with the down trodden, the lowly of heart, and those who could in no way repay them. If we lift others where we can the world changes for good. Lift others and spread goodness to the world.




If your one of those chained by things in your life or you know personally someone who is take hope. There is a way to change if there is desire, faith, and a wiliness to do so. Feel free to message me if your one of those people out there. If by chance you’re a person who has broken free from them great. I commend your doing so and if you are willing to share with me your story I would love to hear it. Sharing the victory of breaking those chains with others not to brag by any means but to show others that there is hope and good things can and do happen in the world. God loves us and knows us personally. We need to always remember God is in control, even when we can't see his plan and we should be still and know it will work out. God bless!



1 comment: