Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Sleep deprived and other interesting peeps.



Sleep deprived and other interesting peeps.

Having been a bit in need of sleep countless times in my life, I can see how crazy people can act at times in life. I add to that the sometimes effect of too large a dose of some commonly used allergy remedies. Knowing me to be at a time early in my life missing a few of my digits and being something rarely brought up in most conversations. Normally things said at late night or very early morning hours would be forgotten by most but I challenged a promise that it could very well find its way blogged. Of course I will in my own way tell about the event with some added coloring of embellishment.



During a late night at my in-laws around Christmas, the slightly older bunch were engaged in playing games. A sister in law having come in contact with something that her body deems bad, and thus partook of Benadryl. The comment was made that surely someone must be holding out on the playing of game pieces. I piped up let me see. Not playing the game myself I figured it to be safe. Nope! The sleep deprived and Benadryl impaired sister in law snaps out "don't touch it or you'll lose another finger". Shock filled the room and the shock was extremely viewed on her face. It was kind of sure embarrassment and she was red in the face. She apologized quickly for the rash outburst. To break the thickness of tension I joke of it and gave a laugh. It's all good with me because I know the feeling of sleep deprivation and the combined effects of your average allergy remedies.




Lesson of the story be as we often say things that cause us resentment in moments of anger, delirium, and pain. Remember we are human and we are striving for some day to find some degree of perfection in our lives. Asking for forgiveness for these moments is key. So forgive me for in some way using you (my sister in law) for this posting but it may be of use to some soul someday also. Be careful also as to the things you think someone may have said that are not meant as we take them. Never assume that it was meant as a dagger aimed to stab us and cause pain. Often if we want to be offended we look for things to claim. Always give the benefit of doubt and know that we don't have a full story to go on. Good to pray for understanding and let God. God loves us in spite of our character flaws, lack of sleep, lack of understanding, and times of failure. May we ever be blessed to be more understanding and forgiving of others.



No comments:

Post a Comment