Sunday, November 13, 2016

More than the world sees.




Many of you have known me for years very well. Others maybe not so deeply. Anyhow. I have for many years battled the likes of some invisible demons in my body. Yes, many would not have had the clue with the let’s do this outdoor crazy thing I would do but that is the look from the outside of the box. True we spent lots of time on adventures of great proportions that scared the likes of many. Plus, the many trips with youth groups that are wild. Crazy hiking adventures with a rope or two to make it interesting and add to the challenge. Pack trips to the wondrous places some people place on their bucket lists.


About age thirty-eight I started to notice that it took longer to recover from some of the crazy. Noticing the painful mornings came with a few years later. I brushed it off as just being wimpy and told myself to rub some dirt in it and suck it up (to barrow from my daughter). Finding limbs of the body going numb was not something I could just let go and let life happen. By mid-forties even some medical help was scratching their heads as to the things happening. I started to feel as though I was now Ralph the king of the lab rats. I had been tested for things from A to Z with not a lot of confirmation as to a link. I do now have some ideas and a few doctors noted items.

I have in the past ten years learned a lot about me and how to get around the fun of life with chronic illness. I tried many a doctor prescript and more cockamamie things that seem off the wall. I still get people trying to cure me now and then. Some have even told me I should try some of the cockamamie things I already did. Needless to say, I know what works for me to drag my Kester out of bed and at the very least find my way to the fridge. I do like food still which is cool. Don’t take away my dark chocolate! I have chilled out a lot from the grand adventures too.



Many of the world didn’t see me on those days after a grand adventure unable to move or want to see the brightness of the sun because of a pounding head and numb body. People often tell me the same old phrase “But you don’t look sick”. Some of you may understand that but for those that don’t look at the “Spoon theory” (link below).  It explains things in a very plain way that is easy to understand. Please no sorry stuff just be careful as you see people out in the world some have a dragon they are battling on the inside. Some days I feel better than others but it is all the good natural food and vitamins showing. So, if by some chance I put you off for something I may have had a full plate and didn’t have a side dish to fill up.



Life hands us things maybe not so much for us to be punished but to learn some lessons. I have learned to be patience with others and know that life hands us challenges to have empathy for others. As I’m writing this ironically the song “Patience” by Guns and Roses plays on my internet radio station. I don’t wish the joys of living with pain on anyone no matter who they maybe. For those of you who may have a one year old kid I feel for ya also. Watching my grandson is a challenge but so worth it. Those times I went on those crazy hikes with my family and friends was worth the days of recovery from it by far. Live life, Love, laugh for we know not how tomorrow will turn out. Hug your friends and family. Remember God is at the helm and we are only here for a short time.




Link: The Spoon Theory

https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/


No comments:

Post a Comment