Saturday, September 3, 2016

What stink'n hill



What stink’n hill


Yes, once again another year older and thankfully NOT deeper in debt. My kids have razzed me in the past about some hill they say I went up and over. What hill? I didn’t see no stink’n hill. Maybe that is why I have a like for canyons your already on the downhill side of things so ya can't fall quite so far when ya stumble. It does pain me some to think where I would be if I had not changed one or two things in life and taken a different path hiking in this life. It is a great blessing along that path to have with you some awesome traveling companions. Some you find and they become everything to you. Others they help you get over the boulders in the path. They all teach us that we have something more to give. Old friends and new friends and yes we meet one now and then that is a lesson. We are told the best way to live is finding joy in the journey and not the destination. New friends, old friends, crazy friends, real friends, dear friends they find us often in the most magical ways. In the five plus decades I have seen a few paths some smooth and some steep an rocky. The best growth in life will always be on the path going uphill and over the hardest of crags. Don’t pray for less challenges but for the strength, knowledge, and gear to get through them. “It is not the mountains that we conquer but ourselves”-Edmund Hillary.


No comments:

Post a Comment